Sunday, October 24, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my first ever blog: Roots and Recipedia!  I am a novice (though my boyfriend would say "newbie") to gardening and cooking, but I am determined to succeed in both.  You see, my mom is a very very good chef and my dad has a very very green thumb.  I've inherited a love for the outdoors and an appreciation for great food.  That's why I'm here.

If you're like me, this is how you approach the kitchen: you look in the fridge and see a food item.  You think, "hmm, I need to use this in something..."  You hop on google and search "---- recipes" and you browse for one that doesn't require going to the grocery store.  But what if you had an encyclopedia of recipes (Recipedia!) categorized by ingredient?  With a few clicks you can have dozens of ways to cook your chosen ingredient!  For this blog, I will be choosing one ingredient at a time and posting a marathon of ways to use it.  There will be soups, salads, sauces, desserts, dips, drinks, and more.

And, to grow my own green thumb, I will start with a newly planted fall garden, since my spring/summer garden went just a little nuts.  Pictures to come in the next entry.

I will be tending to my garden and cooking in my kitchen in this domestic diary.  Join me and we'll learn a few yummy things!

No comments:

Post a Comment