Monday, December 27, 2010

Gingersnap Cookies

While I love my Carrot Challenge, I also love to make desserts.  I tried this amazing recipe the other week and had to share them.  Woot woot for yummy yummy Gingersnap Cookies!  I took a few very small liberties with this recipe, but it turned out deliciously.  I actually made them for my boyfriend's Christmas party but he had one and said they were so good, he didn't want to share them!  So I made the carrot cookies for him instead (see "Upgrade Project: Carrot Cookies").

So, my liberties: I tossed in a bit more ginger and cinnamon than it requested and a pinch each of nutmeg, cloves and even a bit of allspice.  I also didn't have molasses so I made a thickened honey to replace it.  I just heated up a teflon pan, poured in honey and brown sugar, mixed it up, and let it cool.  Once it cools, it should be a thickly flowing sugary mass. 

What I don't get is how these cookies were supposed to be "snappy."  Although I highly recommend them soft and as directed, if you want the traditional crispiness then you'll probably have to flatten 1/2" balls of dough to promote the slim cookie form.  These cookies went so quickly, but next time I think I'll try and make them a bit spicier, with black pepper and cayenne pepper to add a little extra adult kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment