Saturday, December 4, 2010

Moroccan Carrot Dip

This Moroccan Carrot Dip sounded especially interesting after I kept browsing through the same old carrot recipes over and over online.  The best part?  All you really need is carrots.  Of course there are other ingredients, but they are all things which you should have.   My "Stocking Up" guide, which I'm currently working on, will offer a list of everything that I keep ready at the helm.  Cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika and ground ginger?  Red wine vinegar, olive oil and garlic?  I've got all of that almost on a continual basis.  Trust me, they come in handy and there is little risk of any of these ingredients expiring.  Because of that, this recipe is a cinch!

It's quite delicious too.  It has a slight sourness from the vinegar but the spices and olive oil really balance it out.  A similar recipe I found includes chili paste instead of the paprika and cayenne pepper.  I imagine that's a bit spicier than what this recipe produces.  I didn't find the olives too necessary, but I had them from a previous olive hummus, so I added them in.  There were more chips but my boyfriend ate half the plate before I could take a picture.  It, along with my Spiced Carrot Dip, also works well as a spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment