Thursday, March 31, 2011

Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Soup

After I added enough tomato sauce to make the Moroccan Chicken with Eggplant kind of a soupy-stew, I started craving tomato soup.  I was excited then to find this full-fledged Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Soup recipe.  I prefer tomato soups with deeper earthy tones and herb flavors.  Eggplant seemed the perfect addition to promise just that. 

compliments of Martha Stewart
Unfortunately the store did not have plum tomatoes.  I was so looking forward to this recipe though that I ended up just settling for Roma tomatoes.  I must try this again when I can get my hands on the real thing.  Instead, I just added sugar in the end, when I was mixing the tomato mixture and roasted eggplant (otherwise, it would have likely burned in the oven).  I also used vegetable stock instead of water.  Everything else went according to plan and the recipe was quite easy actually.  My only dislike in making tomato soup is wasting the many sheets of aluminum foil to do the roasting.

I've been terribly lazy with taking pictures (and I hate blogs without pictures) so I've taken the liberty of borrowing the picture from Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment