Sunday, April 17, 2011

Eggplant Dip

Of course I had to find an eggplant dip recipe.  I tried a few, including baba ghanoush and an olive-eggplant combination, but neither particularly highlighted the eggplant.  But then I went on to this Roasted Eggplant Dip recipe.  Its ingredients were simple and complemented the eggplant rather than overwhelmed it.

The roasted garlic, lemon, mint and olive oil added such flavor.  I also added a tiny bit of cumin and cayenne for extra kick.  Instead of chopping up the hot vegetables though, I cheated and threw them in my food processor.  Pulse until broken up, but not slushy.

With that extra shortcut, the best part about this dip is how easy it is to make.  It's very fast, simple and healthy.  Served here with orange bell peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment