Monday, April 11, 2011

Moussaka

This was a complicated recipe but I was glad to accomplish it.  I don't believe I've ever had moussaka before, so knowing that I was able to make this rather exotic recipe was very satisfying.  It is very unique and pretty, especially the yogurt topping.  I got this healthier Moussaka recipe from wholeliving.com who yanked it from Martha Stewart Living magazine. 

My recommendation is to follow the procedures exactly AND leave yourself plenty of time to make it before you have to serve it.  The initial yogurt drain takes forever so you need at least 3 hours to complete this recipe.  The sauce was less of a sauce for me and more of a ground meet and veggies combination.  I would also add just a bit more cinnamon, nutmeg and Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment