Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spicy-Sweet Glazed Eggplant

This eggplant recipe is from one of my new favorite blogs: The Traveler's Lunchbox written by Melissa Kronenthal.  Melissa has a fabulously nostalgic writing style that always, strangely, puts me at peace.  Her detailed reflections on food, life and living lead perfectly into the next great recipe she's about to reveal.  In every blog entry, by the time I get to reading the recipe, I simply cannot wait to try it.  It's a great way to learn or remember your passion for food.  I really recommend it.

I've taken the pleasure of re-naming it, but it's the same recipe.  My picture is certainly not as pretty as hers is, but I also overcooked mine.  I assumed that the first frying session was the time to make sure it was thoroughly cooked.  Next time, I'll leave that to the last stage of the recipe.  Otherwise, it was really delicious and made the house smell great! 

It's sweet and spicy, as the name suggests, and I found it best cold.  The cilantro makes a big difference.  I actually put my leftover eggplant over a salad.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment