Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eggplant & Mushroom Moussaka

The cream of this Eggplant Mushroom Moussaka is my favorite part of the dish.  Especially when fresh out of the oven, the white sauce is rich and delicious, adding such dimension to the mushroom-tomato-eggplant flavors.  I think I actually prefer this Moussaka to the one posted earlier, the Martha Stewart version.  This recipe is far less complicated and time-consuming, prompting my curiosity, and also vegetarian, which is good to have on hand in case certain hippie guests pop by.  However, I actually think it tastes more like a pizza, instead of the more subtly exotic tastes of Martha's Moussaka.  Try them both and see what you prefer!

The great thing about the cookthink blog is the step by step guide with beautiful, very colorful pictures.  It can certainly make a recipe a lot more engaging.  I only wish I had slathered on more cream for the top layer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment