Thursday, November 11, 2010

Carrot and Cabbage Salad

With no cooking involved, this is an arguably even easier dish!  All you need is carrots and cabbage.  Maybe it's just me, but whenever I go shopping, I just feel like carrots, cabbage and beet go together, so I that's what I have in my fridge.  This is a super simple recipe with a sweet and slightly radish-y kick from the raw cabbage.  Delicious!

Just chop your cabbage into thin strips and crumble.  Add an equal amount of shredded carrots, some lemon-mustard vinaigrette dressing, and toss.  Top with mint and more lemon, if desired.

For the lemon-mustard vinaigrette dressing, combine 1 tbs lemon juice, 1 tsp dijon-style mustard, 1 tbs balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp red wine vinegar, 2 tbs quality olive oil, salt and pepper.  This is a great sour tangy dressing to complement our sweet crunchy salad.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment