Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Coconut Milk Thai Pasta with Chicken & Carrots

This is such an amazing and unique recipe that I had to bring it to your attention, even though it is only loosely tied to my carrot streak.  After using half a can of coconut milk for a carrot soup that I was trying to doctor up (to no avail, sadly) I looked for another interesting recipe to use the rest of the milk.  I stumbled upon this fabulously unique Coconut Milk Thai Pasta Sauce recipe.  

It attracted me because it doesn't require much-- of its ingredients list, probably lime, cilantro and jalapeno are the only items you may not have readily at hand.  I coincidentally did.  (HINT: this would be a great way to use leftover guacamole ingredients!!) 

As it recommends, I used it as a sauce/dressing over some Capellini pasta.  I complemented it with this Martha Stewart Baked Chicken and Carrots recipe to continue with my carrot theme.  I didn't have scallions, so I just chopped up some onions instead and added a generous amount of taco seasoning.  Guilty as charged, I essentially didn't follow the vegetable half of the recipe, except the temperature and length of time in the oven.  But it came out the perfect amount of crispiness!  That shows just how improvisational veggies can be :)

Once everything was done, I had my first bite of the pasta.  Amazing!  So refreshing, with the sour lime and sweet coconut milk.  A great amount of spice and mint and ginger.  It's a side of Thai cuisine that I confess I haven't tried before.  It's a great alternative to the normal curry and pad thai faire that dominates thai recipe searches.  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment