Monday, November 22, 2010

Carrot "Slaw"

I tried this Classic Carrot Salad from Simply Recipes the other day.  It grew on me as a refreshing little snack.   Though I can't see it fitting into a dinner, this carrot "slaw" and baked chicken tenders would make an easy, nutritious lunch for the kids.

I try not to use mayonnaise unless I really have to, so I used about half what the recipe called for.  I would also suggest adding chopped walnuts.  Otherwise, the apple and raisins add an interesting texture and flavor to this snack.

This fancier version calls for celery, coconut and sour cream.  If you've got these ingredients handy, go for it, but since the purpose of this blog is to help you cook up what you've already got in the kitchen, I chose the simpler route.

No comments:

Post a Comment