Monday, May 16, 2011

Asparagus Strawberry Salad

I came home one day from the grocery store, bearing a big bunch of asparagus spears.  That same day, my boyfriend also came home from the grocery store, bearing a big box of strawberries.  Right away, I smelled a delicious salad brewing.

It was fantastically simple.  I lightly steamed my asparagus spears (very lightly, just 2 minutes), cut some spinach leaves, and thickly sliced some strawberries.  Simply because I had it on hand, I added some chopped mint and cilantro for an extra salad flavor.  I used a lemon-maple syrup-olive oil-red wine vinegar combination for the dressing and added 3-4 shakes of ground ginger to top it off.  Drizzle the dressing over your prettily arranged dish, and you've got an excellent spring salad.  Delicious and pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment