Thursday, May 5, 2011

Herbacious Eggplant Spread

I couldn't resist another Eggplant Spread.  This is a great, simple recipe especially if you're lucky enough to have an herb garden.

The eggplant roast alone is a fantastic recipe.  I'm surprised it's the only one I found that cooks eggplant in such a unique-- and aromatic-- way.  When I took the eggplant out of the oven, it was hard not to eat it as it was.  It was so garlic-y and had this watery, sugary juice that formed under each eggplant slice.  But I was patient.  I put the slices in the processor (including what juices I could get) and finished the recipe.

I didn't have parsley and I wasn't sure if mint was the best option, so I used just basil (and 40% more than it stated).  It's pretty darn great.  As you can see from the picture I ate mine with carrot.  I also sliced some fresh-picked radish when I ran out of carrots.  But one word of warning: "it's very eggplant-y," my boyfriend said.  While I like that about the recipe, for some people it's a little too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment